My new uniform 13

Saori




Draw stripe:
She is inspired by Daniel Buren, because she remains deep impression when she saw his solo show in her teens at ATM in 1997.  He is famous for colored stripes work, so she tried to represented "stripe" by her favorite color on her new uniform. This collar is her original design which is front-open and changed it little bit smaller than the others. 




Rose fabric and buttons:
She is inspired by Joseph Beuys, especially the work with rose in particular, "We Can't Do it without the Rose" and "Rose for Direct Democracy". These were on display at his show of ATM in 2009. She is very influenced by this exhibition, so chose this rose fabric and buttons in the shape of rose for the homage of the works. 




Ribbon belt:
She loves ribbon, so this belt was designed like putting a big ribbon in front of the uniform. It made by some favorite and emotional fabric. One is the rose and the other stripy was given from Rumi. She used this fabric to the collar and sleeve on her new uniform.





"For me, making my uniform is reminiscing about my old memories. I remain the strong impression from some exhibitions in Art Tower Mito when I was teen. I translated the feeling into my uniform. It was great time for me to look back my life."  -Saori